- @sglassmeyer Thanks for the recommendation. I've made the switch too and can't stop giggling. I don't know why. in reply to sglassmeyer 11:43:38, 2014-10-28
- My Twitter Digest for 10/27/2014 http://t.co/cRJLKHjM9T 15:30:47, 2014-10-28
- RT @txtbks: .@BCcampus announces that their #opentextbook project has saved students $350K+ and counting! #openubc http://t.co/Ke8BF3AJrC 19:57:26, 2014-10-28
- RT @OReillyMedia: Learn how to use GitHub to manage and collaborate in “Introducing GitHub” by @PeterBell + Brent Beer @brntbeer http://t.c… 08:18:59, 2014-10-27
- RT @thepastrybox: Why kill a killer app? Thoughts on software, ethics, and living beyond our means. @eaton on @thepastrybox. https://t.co/n… 09:12:48, 2014-10-27
- LII adds IRS private letter rulings http://t.co/wt1WqQK72H 13:06:39, 2014-10-27
- My Twitter Digest for 10/26/2014 http://t.co/6jifz3VekR 15:30:19, 2014-10-27
- The Verge: A new project from Apple and Google alumni aims to fix an annoying Android problem http://t.co/0pdVkuuKvj 21:53:38, 2014-10-27
The Verge: A new project from Apple and Google alumni aims to fix an annoying Android problem. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwys-t4h8
- My Twitter Digest for 10/25/2014 http://t.co/ED3RPIT0NI 15:30:07, 2014-10-26
- The Wall Street Journal.: Twitter Takes Over a Shuttered Twitpic http://t.co/NSAeKOyEEZ 19:45:08, 2014-10-26
- RT @fgbjr: The URL is coming along as a citation dialect, at http://t.co/ptzUgWRUMa and http://t.co/RdOkIWJa53 and http://t.co/cUZM5t4rvV 20:02:04, 2014-10-26
- Nice to know my problem has a name. Meet Extract-Transform-Load. http://t.co/xk7hbTxRfs 22:20:39, 2014-10-26
From ETL for America https://civicquarterly.com/article/etl-for-america/
Many of the problems governments confront with technology are fundamentally about data integration: taking the disparate data sets living in a variety of locations and formats (SQL Server databases, exports from ancient ERP systems and Excel spreadsheets on people’s desktops, for example) and getting them into a place and shape where they’re actually usable.
Among backend software engineers, these are generically referred to as ETL problems, or extract-transform-load operations.
In the case of court opinions the ETL problem is complicated by the fact that the data that comes from the courts is in PDF format and the courts do little beyond dumping it on websites and declaring it sort of published. I’m going to be taking a long look at the handling of the ETL problem in the other branches of government to see what’s going on there.
The Wall Street Journal.: Twitter Takes Over a Shuttered Twitpic. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwo6qp2ho
Twitter will maintain archive for now, but no new pics can be uploaded.
- Why I (Still) Oppose the Legal Hackers Trademark http://t.co/IXQUNxv25i via @JEGrant3 08:33:21, 2014-10-24
- RT @kimnayyer: And thanks @GtownLawLib for making #linkrot symposium available to nonlocals. (Anyone can watch stream: http://t.co/B8soR63G… 12:06:32, 2014-10-24
- My Twitter Digest for 10/23/2014 http://t.co/WAQG92rcJG 15:30:08, 2014-10-24
- . @JEGrant3 current fashion says to write it up in Markdown and put it on Github, then call for input and contributions in reply to JEGrant3 18:15:06, 2014-10-24
- RT @EJWalters: Jonathan @zittrain – We can rationalize fact that we have no public access to law. But big problem we simply need to solve. … 18:15:52, 2014-10-24
- How about an entity organized as a public benefit corp w/ mission to work with courts + gov't to provide open access? @EJWalters @zittrain in reply to EJWalters 18:38:48, 2014-10-24
- My Twitter Digest for 10/22/2014 http://t.co/ULZ6t8EnFK 15:30:53, 2014-10-23
- The Next Web: Apple unleashes TestFlight to all iOS developers and beta testers. http://t.co/aknQP76Bxj 21:06:46, 2014-10-23
- The Next Web: Apple unleashes TestFlight to all iOS developers and beta testers http://t.co/25JYDhD2YY 21:09:44, 2014-10-23
- Kali Linux is a security-focused operating system you can run off a CD or USB drive, anywhere. With… http://t.co/yJDmlJ5SDC 21:58:20, 2014-10-23
- RT @abziegler: Went through all the big faculty playlists on H2O today … there's some incredible CC content there https://t.co/FudAfmRyuF 22:04:08, 2014-10-23
Kali Linux is a security-focused operating system you can run off a CD or USB drive, anywhere. With its security toolkit you can crack Wi-Fi passwords, create fake networks, and test other vulnerabilities. Here’s how to use it to give your own a network a security checkup
How to Hack Your Own Network and Beef Up Its Security with Kali Linux