- A look at the improved password features of PHP 5.5+ http://t.co/3EZevr2OSj 08:29:14, 2015-04-16
- RT @compleatang: If you're telling your law+tech students to build A2J solutions on proprietary gear you're probably doing it wrong. 09:54:06, 2015-04-16
- 10 tech conferences worth attending in 2015 | Computerworld http://t.co/9YbuBFlDJJ 12:46:10, 2015-04-16
- My Twitter Digest for 04/15/2015 http://t.co/Sk9sCY2D0a 15:30:12, 2015-04-16
- RT @teknoids: Teknoids Post: #CALIcon15 – Tomorrow is the last day to vote for sessions http://t.co/1k5QYNd26j 21:39:14, 2015-04-16
- How about a random backstory for #CALIcon15 presenters. What could go wrong? Backstory description generator http://t.co/kswElTfmOS 08:44:39, 2015-04-15
- #LVI 2015: Call for papers http://t.co/h3ThL54eL1 Law Via the Internet is Nov 9-11 2015 in Sydney. 09:36:18, 2015-04-15
- OpenAdvocate DLAW Drupal now on GitHub http://t.co/bH3O2kg9JA 09:43:32, 2015-04-15
- Scrollback, an open source alternative to Slack http://t.co/F7dRAznivK 09:58:34, 2015-04-15
- RT @trbruce: The new issue of the Journal of Open Access to Law is out. Very interesting stuff, if I say so myself. http://t.co/LEpByNlcoc 12:02:45, 2015-04-15
- RT @johnpmayer: CALI – we do stuff others don't do and sometimes that works out ok. 13:57:54, 2015-04-15
- Anyone else out there find it amusing the http://t.co/NYKY1MplJi is the second largest ecommerce site in China? 16:35:02, 2015-04-15
- Awesome! just had a robocall telling me that it was critical that I complete my Google+ profile and claim my local business adwords. 16:54:25, 2015-04-15
- How to give a presentation with an iPad and Apple TV http://t.co/oLtkruRK6m 17:14:04, 2015-04-15
- GNU Hurd 0.6 released http://t.co/OlD9M6LxkB 19:13:43, 2015-04-15
10 tech conferences worth attending in 2015 | Computerworld http://www.computerworld.com/article/2910322/10-tech-conferences-worth-attending-in-2015.html#tk.rss_all
It’s of the utmost importance that PHP programmers safeguard account passwords by using the latest and most secure methods. To that end, PHP 5.5 added a new password-hashing library created by Anthony Ferrara (@ircmaxell). The library makes several functions available that you can use to handle one-way password encryption with current best-practice methods. Other features anticipate future security needs so that as computers and hackers get more advanced, you can stay a step ahead of the bad guys. This article gives you an in-depth introduction to the library’s functions and how to make the best use of them.
This article takes a look at the improved password handling features of PHP 5.5+. Recommended read for anyone working with PHP apps.
GNU Hurd 0.6 released http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.os.hurd.bugs/27135 reminding us that Linux isn’t the only game in town.
If you work in an office setting, sooner or later you’re going to have to give a presentation. We’ve all been there, watching someone stare into a blinding projector light while fumbling with cables and trying to get the signal to come through.
The good news for Apple users is that with a couple Apple products and a little know-how, they can do away with the cables and clutter and quickly get on with the presentation. Using the AirPlay service, you can stream content to a second or third generation Apple TV.
Here’s how you can give a presentation with just an iPad and an Apple TV.
I believe a number of law schools have tried this sort of thing with varying degrees of success. See the Teknoids archives at http://elide.us/9n and http://elide.us/9o. There was even a CALIcon12 session that covered some of this, http://cca.li/vR. All of this seems a bit old, so it may be time to grab an Apple TV and do a refresh to see if it works any better now.
Nurture your community with meaningful conversations.
Create rooms based on your interest or follow existing ones.
Share ideas, discuss realtime and redefine your online community experience with Scrollback.
While relatively new and still adding features, Scrollback is the closest thing I’ve seen to to open source Slack. Once running it’s eady for folks to join and start participating right away. This is a project worth keeping an eye on. The code is on GitHub at https://github.com/scrollback/scrollback.
OpenAdvocate DLAW Drupal now on GitHub https://github.com/openadvocate/dlaw4
Scholarly research with open source tools | Opensource.com http://opensource.com/education/15/4/open-source-digital-humanities
- My Twitter Digest for 04/09/2015 http://t.co/jeziUox89x 15:31:15, 2015-04-10
- 5 Common Pitfalls To Avoid When Building Dev Team http://t.co/bH4oo2UfPA 21:35:59, 2015-04-10
- RT @cmsreport: Mediacurrent | Why Good Markup Matters
http://t.co/VC7ds76JeN via @mediacurrent 21:42:07, 2015-04-10
- Mejiro is an interesting forgetful photo app http://t.co/UGWcut8AVM 22:13:04, 2015-04-10
- Digitally Connected: New ebook offers global perspectives on youth and digital media » http://t.co/l3aaWteWzP via @Harvard_Law 22:14:33, 2015-04-10
- Amazon Web Services Makes Amazon Machine Learning Available http://t.co/dYZE7PHhBk 22:51:52, 2015-04-10
- Genius Beta Lets Anyone Annotate Any Page On The Web http://t.co/0TKo4xisrr 23:12:44, 2015-04-10
- The Cyberlearning Technologies Transforming Education http://t.co/V8QqNfFQyF 23:16:12, 2015-04-10