- RT @davewiner: River4 is a node.js river-of-news aggregator that stores its lists and data in Amazon S3. http://t.co/847RwZy4rh 10:33:23, 2014-09-01
- RT @SSRN: How to increase your SSRN Author Ranking now: http://t.co/nfwNkpoFAo 10:35:52, 2014-09-01
- My Twitter Digest for 08/31/2014 http://t.co/wlXkdZhA7d 15:30:11, 2014-09-01
My general impression is that the trend is toward law schools losing control over websites and servers as more of that infrastructure gets centralized by the University. I think law schools have failed to adequately institutionalize a need for a strong law school tech presence by marginalizing professional IT staff into relatively weak support roles. The result of this marginalization is a lack of strategic tech leadership in law schools making it relatively easy for the Dean to cede control of tech over to a central parent organization. Of course once that control is lost, it is very difficult to get back.
In the long run central control may work out better for law schools anyway since there is a lot more innovation in the use of tech to support scholarship and teaching at the University level than there ever was in the law school and centralized control makes it more likely that this innovation will actual come to the law school.
Said I, because someone asked.
So here’s my weird social media trend for the month: over the past couple of weeks I’ve picked up followers, suggestions, connections, etc from a number of real estate agents in Silicon Valley, L.A., and Vegas. Makes me wonder if they know something I don’t.
- RT @CMLawLibrary: Congrats to 1L Kim Cuningham, one of our CALI contest winners (pictured with her prize: Reading Law by Scalia) http://t.… 13:19:07, 2014-08-29
- RT @lawlib: Free 2015 ed. of Federal Rules of Evidence, Civil Procedure & Criminal Procedure, courtesy of @LIICornell & @caliorg http://t.c… 13:19:34, 2014-08-29
- RT @freegovinfo: Nextgen FDsys announced by @USGPO beta release fall 2015. Contact them to volunteer for usability testing http://t.co/YnPW… 14:33:16, 2014-08-29
- My Twitter Digest for 08/28/2014 http://t.co/UWOPDHjNNy 15:30:10, 2014-08-29
- RT @GACourts: Fulton County Superior Court starts pilot project http://t.co/Kk50CRyGVh 08:55:08, 2014-08-28
- RT @lisalibrarian: Community Source Is Dead (Kuali and Sakai) http://t.co/3TIcndRpqe (attn: @rschon) 12:48:51, 2014-08-28
- RT @uscode: US Code: All titles and Popular Name Tool updated, current to Pub. L. 113-163 (except for Pub. L. 113-159), at http://t.co/OrLv… 14:13:49, 2014-08-28
- My Twitter Digest for 08/27/2014 http://t.co/qOdmebvJYE 15:30:08, 2014-08-28
- RT @CMLawLibrary: New blog post: And the Winners of the 1L CALI Contest Are…. http://t.co/zrc8waK5dH #cmlawblog 08:26:34, 2014-08-27
- @compleatang @richards1000 @anseljh I built CourtCloud as FOSS repo for opinions. Could expand for PACER functions. http://t.co/yceh3GtwFk in reply to compleatang 08:39:52, 2014-08-27
- RT @ZingJulie: The sad, sorry state of legal publication (i.e. THE LAW) — Why PACER removed access to case archives of five courts http://… 09:09:16, 2014-08-27
- RT @ETLinitiative: Foundations for Practice Aims to Redefine Legal Education http://t.co/wwHNn6g75Y 13:50:12, 2014-08-27
- I fixed the broken slides on the #CourtCloud about page, please try again http://t.co/yceh3GtwFk @compleatang @richards1000 @anseljh in reply to emasters 13:53:44, 2014-08-27
- My Twitter Digest for 08/26/2014 http://t.co/3xFkUad944 15:31:18, 2014-08-27
- Moving your Contacts and Calendar Away from Google http://t.co/qYwAebmTA5 23:58:03, 2014-08-27
Info in this article works well. I’m on my way to getting my contacts and personal calendar stuff out of Google.
- RT @richards1000: http://t.co/AmdFcMPzPH PACER says large numbers of U.S. federal court documents are no longer available in its databases 08:29:45, 2014-08-26
- RT @caliorg: New to #lawchool ? FREE book: Law School Materials for Success by Dean Barbara Glesner Fines http://t.co/2yeRYU7vY8 #lawschool… 08:33:52, 2014-08-26
- Getting started with Docker | http://t.co/hB4Aw0cAjH http://t.co/LSEQCSrHl0 11:11:27, 2014-08-26
- ‘Hackcess to Justice’ winners look to increase the reach of their apps http://t.co/ljZIhdAvWW 11:12:56, 2014-08-26
- My Twitter Digest for 08/25/2014 http://t.co/wXjUAyhmze 15:30:13, 2014-08-26