GraphQL is a query language for APIs and a runtime for fulfilling those queries with your existing data. GraphQL provides a complete and understandable description of the data in your API, gives clients the power to ask for exactly what they need and nothing more, makes it easier to evolve APIs over time, and enables powerful developer tools.
[H]ow to build a GraphQL server that connects to multiple backends: A SQL database, a MongoDB database and a REST endpoint. We’ll be combining all of them to build a very basic blog with authors, posts and views.
In a fast moving industry like ours, it is imperative that we have tools that allow us to build environments (front and back-end), quickly, while providing consistency all across. The same way we have DevOps processes for quickly spinning off a complete Drupal built with composer, drush, Drupal console and more, we need a system that automates the process of creating Drupal themes which include all the essential tools needed for a modern, best practices and standards compliant environment.
This looks intriguing. While the demo highlights generating a Drupal 8 theme the underlying tool chain is general enough that it should adaptable for other platforms or straight web theming. Best of all, no Ruby required, making it a bit easier to run on Windows and elsewhere.
- RT @lindseyschmeid: I was so proud to see @A2JAuthor used as a resource all the way down in little Boone County, Arkansas at my first conte… 08:53:29, 2017-07-19
- RT @DigLibGA: On this day in 1996, the Centennial Olympic Games opened in Atlanta celebration 100 years of the Olympics…. https://t.co/BX… 08:54:11, 2017-07-19
- RT @LawLaboratory: Article by @jesshbfrank of @caliorg discusses @A2JAuthor history, impact, & recent developments. #A2J #LegalTech https:/… 10:35:20, 2017-07-19
- RT @pressbooksdev: This week: cloning books via the Pressbooks REST API v2 ( https://t.co/UssyYBn7Yx ) and DSPACE integration (https://t.co/W… 10:54:17, 2017-07-19
- My Twitter Digest for 07/18/2017 https://t.co/9dZRRHxtb1 15:30:47, 2017-07-19
- RT @opencontent: The #OpenEd17 schedule is now available! To see (almost) the full conference at a glance, go to https://t.co/tREvkUtGR6 16:17:33, 2017-07-19
- Reading: CHANGELOG 7/19/2017 https://t.co/sxmuiGNkaP by @caliorg 16:38:16, 2017-07-19
- I'm excited to be speaking about @caliorg #eLangdell project at Open Education 2017 w/ @DebQuentel https://t.co/j69UqrMAiI #opened17 18:04:48, 2017-07-19