Introducing Sections on Drupal.org | Drupal.org https://www.drupal.org/drupalorg/blog/introducing-sections
- RT @johnpmayer: Yes, there will be vegetables at breaks at #CALICon16 – but only for certain people – Carrots are for Closers! https://t.co… 07:32:22, 2016-02-27
- RT @LIICornell: Re-definition, Part 3: Where am I, again? https://t.co/6z8T2EVWzG #LIIUnderTheHood 07:40:51, 2016-02-27
- RT @arstechnica: You can now read the entirety of sci-fi magazine If for free https://t.co/mEl2KplU9C by @casskhaw 08:37:32, 2016-02-27
- after fifteen yearsof downtime, the MetaFilter gopher server is back. https://t.co/3c68I23PGl 09:43:45, 2016-02-27
- RT @SunPrairieTech: The 5 Rs of open Educ resources. #GoOpen @creativecommons https://t.co/jyqB0mDDkP 10:32:18, 2016-02-27
- How to Create a News Aggregator as an Online Side Business – WP RSS Aggregator https://t.co/vBgcxZ13cD 10:37:16, 2016-02-27
- RT @jeangalea: How to Create a News Aggregator as an Online Side Business https://t.co/t3MRLcsdJu 10:37:22, 2016-02-27
- RT @trbruce: This may be essential. https://t.co/mSa1zEPomI 10:37:59, 2016-02-27
- RT @davewiner: Last night I made my Facebook-compatible Instant Articles feed public, so other devs have something to study. https://t.co/j… 10:38:08, 2016-02-27
- My Twitter Digest for 02/26/2016 https://t.co/MooNtrK5ms 15:32:11, 2016-02-27
- RT @schmidtphi: As usual, asking the right questions: “Blockchain for Education: A Research Project” by @audreywatters https://t.co/k7mBvYb… 07:13:36, 2016-02-26
- Plumbago, a Microsoft Garage Project – Windows Apps on Microsoft Store https://t.co/P1ICNdEnk3 08:36:56, 2016-02-26
- A brief guide to using Sigil – TeleRead News: E-books, publishing, tech and beyond https://t.co/OuvkpCdDdV 08:39:46, 2016-02-26
- Pax releases Codex, a legal scripting language for Ethereum https://t.co/14Vf8jquyX 08:50:42, 2016-02-26
- Speaking of Ethereum, here’s Etheropt, an Ethereum powered options exchange https://t.co/AzO0REKY9O 08:55:17, 2016-02-26
- RT @johnpmayer: CALIcon16 Call for Presentations https://t.co/hpl22fvwjT – I know you have something to say/share w/legal tech/ed 15:08:47, 2016-02-26
- My Twitter Digest for 02/25/2016 https://t.co/bXWaUNa7Y0 15:30:15, 2016-02-26
- Ethereum: Rise of the World Computer – Silicon Valley Data Science https://t.co/2or7D5kCi4 22:16:16, 2016-02-26
How to Create a News Aggregator as an Online Side Business – WP RSS Aggregator http://www.wprssaggregator.com/how-to-create-a-news-aggregator-as-an-online-side-business/
Ethereum: Rise of the World Computer – Silicon Valley Data Science http://www.svds.com/ethereum-the-rise-of-the-world-computer/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+feedsapi%2FBwPx+%28Hacker+News+Top+20+Full+feeds+by+FeedsAPI%29#.Vs3MJboMMl0.facebook
Etheropt is a decentralized options exchange built on Ethereum. The options you see here are binary call options on the price of Ethereum in USD as reported by Poloniex and Coindesk and verified by Reality Keys. Etheropt has no owner. Its entire operation is described and executed by an Ethereum smart contract.
Pax is using Ethereum to build a peer to peer legal system. The best way to explain Ethereum is by contrasting it with Bitcoin. Bitcoin’s value comes from the fact that every transaction that happens is added to the record and can’t be changed. Each full node on the network holds a complete copy of the transaction history, which eliminates any possibility of double-spending. It turns out that this approach can also be used to create binding self-enforcing legal contracts between people, which can have use cases as wide ranging as employment, rent, deeds, property transfer, restitution, incorporation, subscriptions, billing, voting and dividend systems. Where there are disputes, a blockchain can hold an objective record of events making dispute resolution relatively trivial compared to traditional legal systems, both on the back-end (legislation) and the front-end (arbitration).
As with Ethereum the focus of Codex is self executing contacts, but it should provide hints at expanding blockchain into other legal realms.