- RT @inspiredcat: "[S]elf-awareness is the starting point of leadership. Self-awareness is the skill of being aware of our thoughts, emotion… 10:40:22, 2018-01-12
- RT @thomasfuchs: It’s now 15 years or so since we really started to make web browsers full-fledged app platforms.
We added so much functio… 10:45:41, 2018-01-12
- RT @kylealden: Build 17074 makes Edge an EPUB/PDF powerhouse:
* New learning tools for syllables/parts of speech
* Overhauled the UI and a… 11:48:31, 2018-01-12
- RT @johnpmayer: #lscitcon TIL Sozi – https://t.co/2w9dYLrtVY – open source Prezi-like tool 12:15:45, 2018-01-12
- RT @uscode: US Code: Classifications for Pub. L. 115-109 and 115-111 to 115-114 (Connected Government Act) now available on https://t.co/O5… 14:55:44, 2018-01-12
- RT @legalaidtech: @sglassmeyer I agree! #LSCITCon name badges also included session information, maps, and other useful info packed into a… 14:58:30, 2018-01-12
- RT @paul_haine: I knew that they initially tried to make Patrick Stewart wear a wig for Captain Picard but I’d never seen the test photo an… 17:12:45, 2018-01-12
- RT @justiacom: Audio is up on @Oyez for the #SupremeCourt oral argument in Florida v. Georgia, another #waterrights case involving a disput… 17:29:31, 2018-01-12
- RT @Dries: The W3C declared HTML 5.2 done; some new features and some old features removed. Up next is HTML 5.3. https://t.co/oU8oKSh4rM 17:35:52, 2018-01-12
- RT @inspiredcat: Y'all! Registration for @vanderbiltlaw's Summit on Law and Innovation #SoLI2018 is now open!
Early birds save $50 by regi… 17:56:20, 2018-01-12
- RT @DebQuentel: Learn. Share. Network in DC. #CALIcon18 June 7-8. Call for proposals is open. Details here https://t.co/sIEWiPN1SK 15:13:14, 2018-01-10
- RT @davewiner: I'd like to have a personal social net that's coffee house size. Play a few tunes, have a couple of drinks, tell a few stori… 15:21:36, 2018-01-10
- RT @inspiredcat: “If they can’t write, if they can’t speak well, if they can’t think strategically, if they can’t work in teams, and if the… 15:26:01, 2018-01-10
- RT @johnpmayer: #lscitcon Veterans Consortium created BriefBuilder using @A2JAuthor https://t.co/25KtN79nyU 15:27:22, 2018-01-10
- My Twitter Digest for 01/09/2018 https://t.co/7aA6PuQ3cS 15:30:32, 2018-01-10
- Drexel Law Prof. Michael Poulshock is using Gituhub to manage materials for Spring 2018… https://t.co/PuKIlYgd7Q https://t.co/dN1CWuhBLm 17:50:53, 2018-01-10
- RT @sglassmeyer: Hurl it – a web based simple API maker. #LSCITCon https://t.co/l1G8ULH3E5 18:12:40, 2018-01-10
- @sglassmeyer Drop me a note, I've got a few things available for testing. in reply to sglassmeyer 18:13:39, 2018-01-10
- RT @LumenLearning: Good read from @insidehighered on overcoming obstacles to finding and getting started with #OER, featuring quotes from @… 18:15:54, 2018-01-10
This popped up on my Github feed recently. Looks like Prof. Michael Poulshock is taking a shot at using Github to manage materials for his Legal Decision Technology course being taught in the Spring 2018 semester at Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law. The course itself looks pretty interesting, according to the syllabus:
This course explores how legal decision technology can be used to expand public access to legal information. Students will learn about cutting edge legal decision technologies, hone their statutory interpretation skills, and build interactive apps that answer specific legal questions. This is a hands-on, lab-style class, but no prior programming experience is required.
The course is going to make use of tool called Oracle Policy Modeling which I had not heard of before but seems interesting. Heck, I’m even going to download a copy and take it for a spin.
Always great to see law professors taking advantage of interesting tool in the courses they teach. Maybe Prof. Poulshock will head to CALIcon18 in June to talk about the course and how it went.
The Github repo is at https://github.com/mpoulshock/Drexel-Legal-Decision-Technology-Spring-2018
- AWS Launches New Deep Learning AMIs for Machine Learning Practitioners https://t.co/Nw8lcf4Au9 https://t.co/jpfjkMEY19 10:46:27, 2018-01-09
- RT @mfeldstein67: In case you missed it: Pearson Open Sources Equella—Properly https://t.co/gcMNxMXWO8 11:16:56, 2018-01-09
- RT @teknoids: How to Install Mautic Marketing Automation Tool on CentOS 7 https://t.co/NvQfNQ2y5v 11:19:41, 2018-01-09
- RT @zeynep: This isn’t frightening, this is ridicilous. Get a grip people, if you want to talk about things elsewhere, you need to, like, g… 11:30:09, 2018-01-09
- RT @letsencrypt: The public ACME v2 API endpoint, including support for Wildcards, is available. More information here: https://t.co/howlX… 11:58:32, 2018-01-09
- RT @davewiner: This appears to be the Fusion GPS transcript, officially released by the Senator Feinstein. https://t.co/1t8XkKm8K4 13:53:17, 2018-01-09
- RT @paulohm: I've created a new website/blog to tell you everything you ever wanted to know about the "Computer Programming for Lawyers" co… 13:54:09, 2018-01-09
- RT @RichmondJOLT: https://t.co/UqtZmF2TbW JOLT is proud to present Issue One of the Twenty-Fourth Volume of the Journal. We are extremely p… 14:22:52, 2018-01-09
- My Twitter Digest for 01/08/2018 https://t.co/ojQYA8Zot5 15:31:18, 2018-01-09
- RT @johnpmayer: #aals2018 Here are my slides and link to audio/video for my 10 min talk at the AALS Section on Law, Tech and Teaching on 1/… 09:29:59, 2018-01-08
- RT @johnpmayer: Are you a law students/law faculty on Reddit? Asking for your help to upvote a post I made about CALI – https://t.co/9FS8H… 09:30:34, 2018-01-08
- RT @kevinokeefe: Legal Aid bracing for possible cut to federal funding https://t.co/UU2T0aMnAy 15:06:52, 2018-01-08
- RT @johnpmayer: "..It’s a sure sign that the speaker has no real background in learning theory and is basically winging it.."
- RT @BoingBoing: Disney's 1998 copyright term extension expires this year and Big Content's lobbyists say they're not going to try for anoth… 15:15:24, 2018-01-08
- RT @ABAJournal: .@NCCULAW and Arizona Summit School of Law found out of compliance with ABA accreditation standards; Appalachian School of… 15:20:13, 2018-01-08
- RT @EJWalters: 🚀Launch! The Journal of Robotics, Artificial Intelligence & Law (The RAIL) is live on @Fastcase! Press release here: https:… 15:25:36, 2018-01-08
The Conda-based AMI comes pre-installed with Python environments for deep learning created using Conda. Each Conda-based Python environment is configured to include the official pip package of a popular deep learning framework, and its dependencies. Think of it as a fully baked virtual environment ready to run your deep learning code, for example, to train a neural network model. Our step-by-step guide provides instructions on how to activate an environment with the deep learning framework of your choice or swap between environments using simple one-line commands.
But the benefits of the AMI don’t stop there. The environments on the AMI operate as mutually-isolated, self-contained sandboxes. This means when you run your deep learning code inside the sandbox, you get full visibility and control of its run-time environment. You can install a new software package, upgrade an existing package or change an environment variable—all without worrying about interrupting other deep learning environments on the AMI. This level of flexibility and fine-grained control over your execution environment also means you can now run tests, and benchmark the performance of your deep learning models in a manner that is consistent and reproducible over time.
Finally, the AMI provides a visual interface that plugs straight into your Jupyter notebooks so you can switch in and out of environments, launch a notebook in an environment of your choice, and even reconfigure your environment—all with a single click, right from your Jupyter notebook browser. Our step-by-step guide walks you through these integrations and other Jupyter notebooks and tutorials.
— New AWS Deep Learning AMIs for Machine Learning Practitioners | AWS AI Blog
- RT @teknoids: RedHat – Kernel Side-Channel Attacks – CVE-2017-5754 CVE-2017-5753 CVE-2017-5715 https://t.co/Jl4PMsTIMO 09:36:43, 2018-01-06
- RT @teknoids: Google answers your questions about Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities https://t.co/GtCf45fwys 09:36:56, 2018-01-06
- RT @actualham: In 2018, commit to a small step on an #OER project that matters. Your small step could be just the thing that catalyzes some… 09:46:36, 2018-01-06
- My Twitter Digest for 01/05/2018 https://t.co/iWygqAKzVV 15:30:25, 2018-01-06
- RT @HamillHimself: 'bippity boppity boo'
#TwitterTest https://t.co/4ggc2ODeSI 10:18:34, 2018-01-05
- RT @audreywatters: Hack Education Weekly News https://t.co/2tDHJ7odNu 11:04:27, 2018-01-05
- RT @uscode: US Code: Classifications for Pub. L. 115-98 to 115-100 now available on https://t.co/O5wXKPsVsK 11:05:58, 2018-01-05
- My Twitter Digest for 01/04/2018 https://t.co/x1yamPKEER 15:30:24, 2018-01-05
- RT @EveryCRSReport: We don't mean to tease, but have you noticed the addition of 5,100 historical CRS reports on the website over the holid… 19:44:34, 2018-01-05
- RT @NLawBizTech: New @theaals section on Technology, Law & Legal Education sponsoring today’s panel: Teaching Through Technology at 3:30 #a… 12:14:56, 2018-01-04
- My Twitter Digest for 01/03/2018 https://t.co/xdh213bgNG 15:30:16, 2018-01-04
- RT @teknoids: Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities bring the computing apocalypse, and yes, you are screwed https://t.co/Ef6nWz1eJK 15:41:46, 2018-01-04
- RT @wbm312: In law school I rewrote the (c) agreement the @UIllLRev had with its authors. Old agreement forced authors to give up (c) to th… 15:44:34, 2018-01-04
- Great summary of #Meltdown and #Spectre vulnerabilities. Everyone running any sort of computer needs to be aware of… https://t.co/YhhYVOXt8m 15:50:24, 2018-01-04
- My Twitter Digest for 01/02/2018 https://t.co/QFf63iuJMe 15:30:53, 2018-01-03
- RT @A2JAuthor: If you're at the @TheAALS conference this week, make sure to stop by the @caliorg booth (#414) and talk with us about access… 17:56:20, 2018-01-03
- RT @caliorg: If you’re looking for a formative assessment resource, stop by booth 414 to check out our QuizWright demo. #AALS2018 #lawfacul… 17:56:39, 2018-01-03
- RT @japanlawprof: If you haven't looked at @colarusso cool https://t.co/VWUTMLKRhy https://t.co/C64lzVGbRk take a look at the QnA syntax &… 18:17:14, 2018-01-03
- RT @konklone: The Government Publishing Office is looking for a technologist to help steer https://t.co/t7Qraq1Unj, FDSys, and other key te… 18:19:17, 2018-01-03
- RT @HarvardLIL: It's true! Learn more and apply here for our @HarvardLIL summer fellowship- application period closes Feb. 1st! https://t.c… 18:21:53, 2018-01-03