- It's the little things: Now easier to see if you're running a CALI LessonLink with logo in viewer.… https://t.co/w79nAnQWvl 13:40:35, 2016-10-26
- My Twitter Digest for 10/25/2016 https://t.co/VceoTHMYld 15:31:07, 2016-10-26
My Twitter Digest for 10/25/2016
- New Feature: How do I copy or clone a set of LessonLinks for a new semester?
https://t.co/aZ95wFo84J @caliorg… https://t.co/pV51NaKqMb 11:36:53, 2016-10-25
- RT @johnpmayer: Call for Nominations – CALI Board of Directors – https://t.co/VCLZhU1AXk CALI=legaled/tech/a2j/ebooks/OER and so much more… 11:56:17, 2016-10-25
- October’s Law Library Contest Is Here: “The Other Guys” CALI CONTEST https://t.co/QMZVVzkRqj 20:27:21, 2016-10-25
My Twitter Digest for 10/20/2016
- Windows Subsystem for Linux Windows Interoperability Brings Linux Commands to Windows CLI https://t.co/FRCpPt9DEC 09:06:52, 2016-10-20
- @fgbjr It's not all sunshine and roses, WSL is very beta. Networking and file permissions seem especially dodgy. in reply to fgbjr 09:18:52, 2016-10-20
- @jqheywood Well, sure, but where's the fun in that? It'd help if there were reliable video drivers for my M3800. in reply to jqheywood 09:26:23, 2016-10-20
- My Twitter Digest for 10/19/2016 https://t.co/3dKJ4jxYZu 15:31:53, 2016-10-20
My Twitter Digest for 10/19/2016
- RT @JoshData: This is really important. Also was the reason I built the pdf-redactor tool. Check it out! Download the bulk data! https://t.… 11:03:56, 2016-10-19
- Should Lawyers Learn to Code? https://t.co/pSRACU4H9N 13:09:49, 2016-10-19
- President Obama schools Silicon Valley CEOs on why government is not like business https://t.co/yVQWv5w1tl 13:12:44, 2016-10-19
- My Twitter Digest for 10/18/2016 https://t.co/ZzkF67LI0U 15:30:16, 2016-10-19
- CALI: More than Lessons https://t.co/6KSLwefXFj 22:30:05, 2016-10-19
Windows Subsystem for Linux Windows Interoperability Brings Linux Commands to Windows CLI
The Windows Subsystem for Linux can invoke native Windows binaries and be invoked from a Windows command line. This feature is available to Windows 10 users running Anniversary Update build 14951. This new interoperability functionality delivers a seamless experience between Windows and WSL. Technical details on how this interoperability works can be found on the WSL blog.
Source: Windows Interoperability | MSDN
This is pretty cool. From either command prompt (CMD) or PowerShell you can use the syntax bash -c “ls -la” to invoke basic Linux commands without launching the Ubuntu environment. More advanced tools like curl are also available.
The article indicates the reverse is also true but I wasn’t able to get Windows binaries running from the bash window. I don’t know if it’s a bug or something about my configuration.
My Twitter Digest for 10/18/2016
- Disney Open Source https://t.co/Tuk1UKOv6n 08:01:32, 2016-10-18
- Now Open – AWS US East (Ohio) Region | AWS Blog https://t.co/FFhjORVU04 08:34:17, 2016-10-18
- My Twitter Digest for 10/17/2016 https://t.co/YkwWPYPzHQ 15:30:43, 2016-10-18
- CALI Time Trial: Learn While Playing a Game https://t.co/pNYKp21v4W 20:27:24, 2016-10-18
My Twitter Digest for 10/17/2016
- rclone – rsync for cloud storage https://t.co/qiAyDonxwh 11:12:15, 2016-10-17
- CALI: Where and What https://t.co/0ruvcT2Ii1 22:18:09, 2016-10-17
Now Open – AWS US East (Ohio) Region | AWS Blog
As part of our ongoing plan to expand the AWS footprint, I am happy to announce that our new US East (Ohio) Region is now available. In conjunction with the existing US East (Northern Virginia) Region, AWS customers in the Eastern part of the United States have fast, low-latency access to the suite of AWS infrastructure services.
Source: Now Open – AWS US East (Ohio) Region | AWS Blog
Low latency to US East (Virginia) should provide an opportunity to try out some cross region experimentation to work on fault tolerance and high availability.
Disney Open Source
Open Source Software is important to The Walt Disney Company. Disney has established an Open Source Program to encourage our developers to utilize Open Source, contribute to Open Source projects, and to release software as Open Source. We’ve created this site to highlight Disney’s Open Source projects. We encourage you to explore our projects and we welcome your collaboration and contributions. This is just the beginning; there’s more to come, so stay tuned!
Source: Disney Open Source
This is intriguing. As one might expect many of the projects deal with animation and film making. I think this highlights the movement to open source the basic tools that are being developed to help corporations do their thing.
rclone – rsync for cloud storage
Rclone is a command line program to sync files and directories to and from
- Google Drive
- Amazon S3
- Openstack Swift / Rackspace cloud files / Memset Memstore
- Google Cloud Storage
- Amazon Drive
- Microsoft One Drive
- Backblaze B2
- Yandex Disk
- The local filesystem
Source: rclone – rsync for cloud storage
This looks interesting. It’s open source on Github, cross platform, and could solve any number of issues when working in the cloud.