- To help with travel plans @sglassmeyer it is useful to know that HLS is in Cambridge. Differences in taxis comes to mind for example. in reply to sglassmeyer 13:29:21, 2014-01-30
- @sglassmeyer I get those & just toss 'em. They're just junk. Mostly I feel sad for anyone trying to earn a buck by guesting on my blog. in reply to sglassmeyer 15:12:26, 2014-01-30
- RT @OReillyMedia: Free Stock Photos – Stock Photos that don’t suck http://t.co/Hr6Ek9ORJH 15:18:34, 2014-01-30
- RT @GetEditorially: “Remote working encourages habits of communication and collaboration that can make a team objectively better.” http://t… 15:41:33, 2014-01-30
- You might not need jQuery http://t.co/amXj5WHpMg #YMNNJQ via @HubSpotDev [Very interesting.] 17:01:08, 2014-01-30
- RT @carlmalamud: Saying hello to @Arkbar Here's a copy of the Official Arkansas Code Annotated for your members. http://t.co/8X0Oi7WYPT 22:12:07, 2014-01-30
- RT @uscode: US Code: Volume 24 of 2012 Edition (Title 36 to Title 38) now available in print 09:32:17, 2014-01-29
- RT @trbruce: Handy piece on scrapers for non-programmers:http://http://t.co/S3yLj2zECI 10:45:42, 2014-01-29
- The latest from Peter Martin: Costs of the (Increasingly) Lengthy Path to U.S. Report Pagination « Citing Legally http://t.co/wTcuez7z0z 10:49:42, 2014-01-29
- If you have any interest in free/open access to law you need to follow Peter Martin at Citing Legally http://t.co/BsY7r3eqmq 10:55:12, 2014-01-29
- RT @caliorg: It's Always Warm and Sunny on the Internet… http://t.co/ndqe7NE5iE 14:29:38, 2014-01-29
- RT @DebQuentel: MT @johnpmayer: Lawschool classes cancelled? Friends overstaying theirwelcome? Try http://t.co/rrd9C0ewin – 1 of @caliorg … 14:30:51, 2014-01-29
- Duke University Press puts over 1600 books online http://t.co/pThS8KGnz0 16:26:34, 2014-01-29
A real quick look at PDFs from the Circuit Courts reveals how the PDFs they release are generated.
- 1st – Corel WordPerfect
- 2nd – Microsoft Word
- 3rd – Microsoft Word
- 4th – Microsoft Word
- 5th – Corel WordPerfect
- 6th – ? not obvious from PDF meta data
- 7th – Microsoft Word
- 8th – Corel WordPerfect
- 9th – Corel WordPerfect
- 10th – Microsoft Word
- 11th – Microsoft Word
- DC – Adobe
- Fed – Adobe
Information was obtained by simply downloading a recent PDF and looking at the properties of the file for creation information.
- RT @richards1000: http://t.co/ajoRPsSJ5K new from @judsonmitchell : Github, Forking, and Access to Justice. #a2j @github 06:46:42, 2014-01-28
- RT @richards1000: http://t.co/6gsxCUIQ41 @brianwc : It is Long Past Time For Free Online Access to The Law: @FreeLawProject . @CodeXStanford 06:47:20, 2014-01-28
- Saturday February 22, 2014 is Open Data Day. Check http://t.co/oyrt8ytoEl for details, including events near you. 07:09:41, 2014-01-28
- RT @JosephLatas: I accumulated 5 @caliorg awards in my first year of #lawschool. I'm glad that hard work and sacrificing time and energy pa… 11:32:52, 2014-01-28
- See, I create nice things. If you take them and feed them to badgers they won't be nice anymore. But that isn't my problem. 11:37:06, 2014-01-28
- RT @SunFoundation: Nota bene from our @konklone: We encrypt our Congress API with HTTPS by default. Here's why: http://t.co/NhYGIQmRgL 12:06:54, 2014-01-28
- RT @eaton: Good morning internet here is your video of a cat playing the theremin. https://t.co/z5kHo485cL /via @substitute 12:14:10, 2014-01-28
- RT @MikeElk: excellent clip of Pete Seeger & Johnny Cash playing together http://t.co/T7b2Vmm4Wq 12:20:24, 2014-01-28
- RT @carlmalamud: Letter to Senator @joshmckoon of Georgia, cc @RepDougCollins @RepHankJohnson In re code. http://t.co/1I4YE0kYxl 16:54:06, 2014-01-28
- RT @johnpmayer: How @caliorg used commodity hardware and free services to livestream an entire conference http://t.co/XmN05wR02Y – paraphra… 16:54:44, 2014-01-28
- From my blog: Google Harnesses Apache Cordova To Bring Chrome Apps To Android And iOS | <CONTENT /> v.6 http://t.co/k0olsFQJir 22:31:06, 2014-01-28
- RT @JillBidenVeep: This feels like when you leave your TV on and you unknowingly watch the first 10 minutes of The 700 Club. #GOPresponse 22:58:55, 2014-01-28
- From my blog: Resetting the KDE Desktop on Debian Wheezy | <CONTENT /> v.6 http://t.co/TCDJ9Db5JN 14:46:21, 2014-01-27
- ABA legal education task force calls for innovation to reduce cost and improve value of law degrees http://t.co/ONaUvIbQP0 15:13:45, 2014-01-27
- Here's the PDF:
REPORT AND RECOMMENDATIONS
AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION
ON THE FUTURE OF LEGAL EDUCATION http://t.co/m7IevlSbhJ 15:23:06, 2014-01-27
- Analysis of the ABA Task Force on the Future of Legal Education: The Task Force Speaks! http://t.co/ZVj7V4wbdb via @CELTLawBlog 15:45:56, 2014-01-27
- RT @davidpwhelan: Open source, Kickstarted-LibraryBox now available – $150 digital DRM-free media server http://t.co/o6gmni2NwD also DIY in… 16:02:43, 2014-01-27
- RT @johnpmayer: Moving Past Law School Grades http://t.co/85gXdd9HhO "..On a mandatory curve, there are simply going to be winner and loser… 16:12:39, 2014-01-27
- RT @nancyscola: New bill would enshrine U.S. CTO, create Digital Gov’t Office like the UK has: http://t.co/xceEIi2Shc (via @cjoh) 17:02:12, 2014-01-27
Seems like an a promising path for developers that are using frameworks like JQuery Mobile to build out websites into native apps. Requires the use of node.js and the Android or iOS SDK.1» I’m certainly looking forward to trying this out.
Note to self: tinker less with the desktop set up and just get some work done.
After seriously messing up the KDE Plasma desktop on my Debian box while adding a second monitor to the setup, I needed to reset the desktop and get some semblance of order again. Turns out that it took a bit of Googling to figure out so I thought I’d put the steps here so I can find them the next time I bust the desktop.
Start by firing up your favorite console. Then just enter these commands, no need to be root:
kquitapp plasma-desktop rm ~/.kde/share/config/plasm* -fv plasma-desktop &
This stops the Plasma desktop making the desktop disappear, then removes the config files associated with Plasma, and finally starts the Plasma desktop as if it were the first time you are running it. This seem a bit drastic, but KDE Plasma has a lot of configurable pieces and if it goes sideways it’s a heck of lot easier to wipe it out and start over than it is to try and back it out.
Android is great, but sometimes, the version you get with your phone—whether its vanilla Android or something like Samsung’s TouchWiz—leaves a bit to be desired. Here’s how to install a new version of Android (or ROM) on your device for an even better Android experience.
Good article for getting started with the fun that is rooting and flashing your Android device. Lots of links to more in depth stuff make this a great starting point for those interested in getting total control over their Android device.
New to AWS and looking to gain a foundational knowledge about key AWS services? Our “Introduction to AWS” series includes free, on-demand instructional videos and labs that enable you to learn about AWS in 30 minutes or less. Start by watching a short video about an AWS service to learn about key concepts and terminology and see a step-by-step console demonstration. Next, get hands-on practice using the AWS service with a free self-paced training lab.
I didn’t, but I do now. These are great for learning about the fundamentals of AWS cloud computing. Topics covered include intros to Simple Storage Service (S3), Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Identity and Access Management (IAM), Relational Database Service (RDS), and Elastic Load Balancing. Used along with the AWS Free Tier these represent an excellent for anyone to become more familiar with running servers and systems and getting a better understanding of cloud computing.
Now Google is announcing an update to Drive, which brings new, and much needed functionality to its offering. The service allows for easy collaboration on projects, but until now, it was difficult to track the various changes being made. Google is adding an activity stream to solve that issue.
via Betanews: Google Drive update adds an activity stream.
This will be helpful for keeping track of who is working on what as we share Google Drive documents. Watch for the feature to appear over the course of the next week.