- RT @robertcastelo: "Only 90s Web Developers Remember This" brings back memories of how hacky the early web used to be… http://t.co/QQpZqx… 08:34:27, 2014-03-03
- RT @davewiner: Why lawyers blog. http://t.co/IbYbfO7ahN 08:37:19, 2014-03-03
- Who Really Owns America’s Large Mutinationals? It’s Hard To Say According to Penn Law Prof. http://t.co/o6oVu7ag3f 12:32:03, 2014-03-03
- RT @richmccue: Promised blog post for @_valeriei @drtonybates @janniaragon: New EdTech + Old Pedagogy = No Significant Difference http://t.… 12:35:09, 2014-03-03
- RT @mskiwifruit: Use this chart to avoid using #edtech for techs sake http://t.co/XAAAizPLRW http://t.co/59EI1qDwIl (via @Katie_M_Ritter) 13:44:14, 2014-03-03
- My Twitter Digest for 03/02/2014 http://t.co/U5kmzjWjye 15:30:10, 2014-03-03
- Study: Massive Online Courses Enroll An Average Of 43,000 Students, 10% Completion http://t.co/d9rm1YaTnU via @techcrunch 16:44:30, 2014-03-03
- News Corp's education unit launches digital lessons http://t.co/cGdEDZaXvl via @reuters 17:22:33, 2014-03-03
- LIME Is A Web Based Text Editor That Helps XMLize Your Legal Docs http://t.co/TEOPwsuddZ 17:57:44, 2014-03-03
- RT @kadesoto: Look how great @davewiner's Fargo is at documenting research notes. Was a cinch to put this together. http://t.co/JarHGvEe37… 18:10:10, 2014-03-03
- RT @b0ringtweets: Retweet if you think this photo of a staple can beat Ellen DeGeneres world record tweet. http://t.co/a6hl5Iao5w 22:07:37, 2014-03-03
- RT @mikelisavich: The resources at @GoogleVentures are simply phenomenal… that is all. #startups http://t.co/d81vs0rWMy 22:16:54, 2014-03-03
- RT @davewiner: What's Behind the Free PDF of "It's Complicated." http://t.co/i9ypfYtI6L 22:39:18, 2014-03-03
- RT @ETLinitiative: Dan Rodriguez: Wisdom of the law school crowds http://t.co/ULbCP307DG 23:24:44, 2014-03-03
PHP Keeps Getting Better
PHP 5.5 (the latest stable build as of this writing) has made major progress from earlier versions. Recent PHP releases contain powerful new features and helpful developer tools, such as a built-in web server, generators for simpler iteration, and namespaces. With PHP 5.4, traits were introduced (a la Scala or Perl) to allow code reuse in single inheritance languages, as well as closures, which allow you to code PHP in a functional style. Other important features include the built-in FastCGI process manager and phpdbg debugger, and a new password hashing API that makes it easy to hash and securely manage passwords in PHP.
via The new PHP – Programming – O’Reilly Media.
Article highlights some of the major improvements to PHP as the language matures. Always good to know that my favorite language keeps getting better.