- My Twitter Digest for 10/29/2014 http://t.co/bN5cwzndHg 15:30:13, 2014-10-30
My Twitter Digest for 10/29/2014
- My Twitter Digest for 10/28/2014 http://t.co/FtTWkXZDhZ 15:30:31, 2014-10-29
- Debt Restructuring Agreement Ensures Financial Stability of TJSL | Thomas Jefferson School of Law http://t.co/jzWjFJnGCF 17:42:26, 2014-10-29
My Twitter Digest for 10/28/2014
- @sglassmeyer Thanks for the recommendation. I've made the switch too and can't stop giggling. I don't know why. in reply to sglassmeyer 11:43:38, 2014-10-28
- My Twitter Digest for 10/27/2014 http://t.co/cRJLKHjM9T 15:30:47, 2014-10-28
- RT @txtbks: .@BCcampus announces that their #opentextbook project has saved students $350K+ and counting! #openubc http://t.co/Ke8BF3AJrC 19:57:26, 2014-10-28
My Twitter Digest for 10/27/2014
- RT @OReillyMedia: Learn how to use GitHub to manage and collaborate in “Introducing GitHub” by @PeterBell + Brent Beer @brntbeer http://t.c… 08:18:59, 2014-10-27
- RT @thepastrybox: Why kill a killer app? Thoughts on software, ethics, and living beyond our means. @eaton on @thepastrybox. https://t.co/n… 09:12:48, 2014-10-27
- LII adds IRS private letter rulings http://t.co/wt1WqQK72H 13:06:39, 2014-10-27
- My Twitter Digest for 10/26/2014 http://t.co/6jifz3VekR 15:30:19, 2014-10-27
- The Verge: A new project from Apple and Google alumni aims to fix an annoying Android problem http://t.co/0pdVkuuKvj 21:53:38, 2014-10-27
The Verge: A new project from Apple and Google alumni aims to fix an annoying Android problem
The Verge: A new project from Apple and Google alumni aims to fix an annoying Android problem. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwys-t4h8
My Twitter Digest for 10/26/2014
- My Twitter Digest for 10/25/2014 http://t.co/ED3RPIT0NI 15:30:07, 2014-10-26
- The Wall Street Journal.: Twitter Takes Over a Shuttered Twitpic http://t.co/NSAeKOyEEZ 19:45:08, 2014-10-26
- RT @fgbjr: The URL is coming along as a citation dialect, at http://t.co/ptzUgWRUMa and http://t.co/RdOkIWJa53 and http://t.co/cUZM5t4rvV 20:02:04, 2014-10-26
- Nice to know my problem has a name. Meet Extract-Transform-Load. http://t.co/xk7hbTxRfs 22:20:39, 2014-10-26
Nice to know my problem has a name. Meet Extract-Transform-Load.
From ETL for America https://civicquarterly.com/article/etl-for-america/
Many of the problems governments confront with technology are fundamentally about data integration: taking the disparate data sets living in a variety of locations and formats (SQL Server databases, exports from ancient ERP systems and Excel spreadsheets on people’s desktops, for example) and getting them into a place and shape where they’re actually usable.
Among backend software engineers, these are generically referred to as ETL problems, or extract-transform-load operations.
In the case of court opinions the ETL problem is complicated by the fact that the data that comes from the courts is in PDF format and the courts do little beyond dumping it on websites and declaring it sort of published. I’m going to be taking a long look at the handling of the ETL problem in the other branches of government to see what’s going on there.
The Wall Street Journal.: Twitter Takes Over a Shuttered Twitpic
The Wall Street Journal.: Twitter Takes Over a Shuttered Twitpic. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwo6qp2ho
Twitter will maintain archive for now, but no new pics can be uploaded.
My Twitter Digest for 10/25/2014
- Free Plain Language Authoring Tool http://t.co/8YB6bOegH5 10:39:54, 2014-10-25
- My Twitter Digest for 10/24/2014 http://t.co/fmx4Dag7Jk 15:30:18, 2014-10-25
- RT @davewiner: Scripting News: Welcome to the new Scripting News. http://t.co/RMJmW6FwfH 18:42:47, 2014-10-25
My Twitter Digest for 10/24/2014
- Why I (Still) Oppose the Legal Hackers Trademark http://t.co/IXQUNxv25i via @JEGrant3 08:33:21, 2014-10-24
- RT @kimnayyer: And thanks @GtownLawLib for making #linkrot symposium available to nonlocals. (Anyone can watch stream: http://t.co/B8soR63G… 12:06:32, 2014-10-24
- My Twitter Digest for 10/23/2014 http://t.co/WAQG92rcJG 15:30:08, 2014-10-24
- . @JEGrant3 current fashion says to write it up in Markdown and put it on Github, then call for input and contributions in reply to JEGrant3 18:15:06, 2014-10-24
- RT @EJWalters: Jonathan @zittrain – We can rationalize fact that we have no public access to law. But big problem we simply need to solve. … 18:15:52, 2014-10-24
- How about an entity organized as a public benefit corp w/ mission to work with courts + gov't to provide open access? @EJWalters @zittrain in reply to EJWalters 18:38:48, 2014-10-24