- RT @cshirky: Wikipedia, a little collection of infrequently visited sites, too small for certainty that the NSA surveilled them: https://t.… 06:47:09, 2015-10-26
- VersionPress Picks Up Backing From Credo Ventures For ‘WordPress Meets Git’ Solution | TechCrunch https://t.co/ONYp29CPjW 07:55:16, 2015-10-26
- RT @TheEconomist: Financial institutions now hold 70% of the value of shares on America’s stock exchanges https://t.co/qOy0PTxY5C https://t… 08:07:52, 2015-10-26
- mrzool/cv-boilerplate · GitHub https://t.co/pGpksJhJbM 12:06:47, 2015-10-26
- RT @SSRN: ICYMI: Our search tool just got even easier https://t.co/49wmhE2IHh 12:52:46, 2015-10-26
- New AI could help write your next textbook, using Penn State technology – TechRepublic https://t.co/SeQKLY4Dmd 12:58:58, 2015-10-26
- RT @teknoids: Teknoids Post: Casetext in law schools anyone? https://t.co/1rWEzE1ptZ 13:05:51, 2015-10-26
- RT @dustin_a_lewis: Develop a fellows program. Start w/ @dweinberger's @berkmancenter lessons https://t.co/qW6370HRlp (psst: apps open http… 13:07:48, 2015-10-26
- 15 Lessons from the Berkman Fellows Program https://t.co/CwB05EDfP6 13:10:42, 2015-10-26
- My Twitter Digest for 10/25/2015 https://t.co/UTZL98cDrV 15:30:40, 2015-10-26
Why is design in open source projects often ugly?
If you know a professional designer who is contributing time to an open source project, chances are they fall into one of these three categories, explained Garth Braithwaite, who spoke Monday at the All Things Open conference:
1) They were tricked into it or peer pressured by a friend who is also an open source project manager.
2) They work for a corporate sponsor, so they’re paid for their contributions.
3) They’re a designer who just so happens to be a developer.
Source: Report from All Things Open: Design in open source | Opensource.com
Open source projects often attract top flight developers, but designers are few and far between. The result is a lot of function over form design that is often utilitarian and ugly. This articles looks at why this is and what might be done about it.
Online Course Report lists 50 most popular MOOCs of all time
Unlike regular college/ university courses, MOOCs can attract many thousands of enrollees around the world. They can come in the form of active course sessions with participant interaction, or as archived content for self-paced study. MOOCs can be free, or there can be a charge – either on a subscription basis or a one-time charge. Free MOOCs sometimes have a paid “verified certificate” option.
— The 50 Most Popular MOOCs of All Time http://www.onlinecoursereport.com/the-50-most-popular-moocs-of-all-time/
A good list, but be sure to read the caveats at the beginning and end.
Stackedit is a full featured markdown editor that will run in browser.
Stackedit is a full featured markdown editor that will run in browser. https://github.com/benweet/stackedit
Clean up your Droid’s act for free with the first-rate Droid Optimizer – TechRepublic
Clean up your Droid’s act for free with the first-rate Droid Optimizer – TechRepublic http://www.techrepublic.com/article/clean-up-your-droids-act-for-free-with-the-first-rate-droid-optimizer/#ftag=RSS56d97e7
The startup framework to validate your idea before you spend $1 — Startups, Wanderlust, and Life Hacking — Medium
The startup framework to validate your idea before you spend $1 — Startups, Wanderlust, and Life Hacking — Medium https://medium.com/swlh/the-startup-framework-to-validate-your-idea-before-you-spend-1-5c475a3bbd6f#.ty86cja1n