All Those Feeds Got you Down?

Scripting News: Most RSS readers are wrong – Dave is mostly right here.  RSS is not email, you don’t need to read every article that floats by.  It is the same as a newspaper or magazine, scan and read.  That is what I do with 95% of the feeds I read.  Sometimes, I miss whole weeks worth because other things have my attention.  But don’t sell the power and importance of RSS short.  The other 5% of the feeds are critical to what I do.  Those feeds present information about systems I run, status of projects I mange and participate in, feedback on the work I do and more.  The 5% are more important than email.  The ease with which RSS is implemented allow me ot use it monitor all sorts of things that are way beyond news.

Blogged with Flock