ePresence – I’m watching a live presentation on the new release of ePresence. From their website:
ePresence Interactive Media softwareis a content capturing, archiving, and webcasting system that deliversvideo and presentation media over the internet using multiple streamingformats for multiple platforms. ePresence also supports text and voiceinteraction among event participants.
In an IE window I’m watching a webcast that includes live audio and video, PowerPoint slides, and text chat. It also handles VOIP and screen capture. Some parts of this are Open Source, but the best bits are available only to consortium members. Of course anyone can join the consortium:)
This looks like what we need for the conference web cast.
- On Windows only works properly in IE. Firefox gets some of the webcast, but not audio and video. Mac users are reporting problems also.
- Open source bits are built on Helix, it seems but might be tightly tied to Windows on client side.
- Linux version of server is available.
- Producer will generate MP3s and RSS feed for podcasting.
- VOIP does work, viewers are suing it to ask the presenter questions.