The ROG Front Base is a control panel that fits in two 5.25-inch bays within your PC case. While the OC Panel is aimed at more extreme users, with its liquid nitrogen-styled support for features such as VGA Hotwire and Subzero Sense, the Front Base is aimed at gamers who want all this:
- Ultimate audio companion – Awesome front 3.5mm jack sound quality
- One-click overclocking – Press for instant extra performance
- Hit the button, hide your game – ‘Escape Mode’ instantly hides your gaming activity — any time
- Monitor your system and control multiple fans – real-time management of the CPU cooler and up to four other case fans. All of them can be controlled individually.
- Always-on USB charger – Quick charge in sleep, hibernate and shutdown modes
This is the sort of thing that makes me want to sink some serious money into building a hot rod PC. Of course it may be useful on lower budget builds too, especially where you want to keep track of just what’s going inside the box without tying up desktop real estate.